Getting Acquainted

My photo
school, Maryland, United States
I roll with the punches, have a sense of adventure, enjoy learning & like sharing knowledge with people and help them when ever possible. Writing & reading are my passions. APBT service dog, Bella, is my helper and companion. http://www.Writing.Com/main/portfolio/ view/vpbanjo?rfrid=vpbanjo

Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Favorite Writing and Reading Place

Because writing and reading are passions of mine and also, because I enjoy reviewing what people write, I have joined and become active in another place.  Writing.com is a writers delight and playground.  Of course, you can be very, very serious about your writing too!  There are many activities, contests, people to meet, and of course writing and reading.  Reviewing is an important part of the site and the community activities.


These reviewing activities can and often do, help writers become better writers.  I enjoy reading the many different topics, styles, and lengths of writing available for reviewing.  There is much written about reviewing, so that, you don't have to be concerned or worried about how to review.  And, there are many members, who, are willing and happy to help you learn about the reviewing and related information so that reviewing is a natural part of the activity you can enjoy and will like to do as time permits.


There are many different contests which I plan to start entering very soon.  So far there is something for everyone such as, poetry of all types contests, different fiction and non-fiction contests, daily, weekly, and monthly contests, etc.  I am exploring the site to see which contests I'm interested in entering. A way for me to improve my writing is to enter contests for writing which I have not tried creating yet, just to see how well I do, and then I will have an idea how much more, and what I should learn and practice writing before the next similar contest starts.


There are games other fun activities, puzzles, writing events and activities, and forums.  The list is so long,I would keep you reading more than you would be writing.


One thing I like about writing,com is all the awards, gifts, gps (gift points), and the help you receive for free not to mention help with other things.  You may even receive a free upgrade, or get enough gift points for an upgrade.


There are many different account levels which fit every budget and every need for writers.  FREE accounts are a great way to start on your writing adventure.  Free is good and when you are ready an upgrade may be just what will give you more tools to explode into writing like you never before experienced.  Would you believe, there are groups who give away free upgrades so that writers can get more functions and become better writers, yes it's true.  I thank the many friends I have at writing.com for the gift of my upgrade.


http://www.Writing.Com/main/portfolio/view/vpbanjo?rfrid=vpbanjo

No comments:

Post a Comment