Getting Acquainted

My photo
school, Maryland, United States
I roll with the punches, have a sense of adventure, enjoy learning & like sharing knowledge with people and help them when ever possible. Writing & reading are my passions. APBT service dog, Bella, is my helper and companion. http://www.Writing.Com/main/portfolio/ view/vpbanjo?rfrid=vpbanjo

Monday, March 14, 2011

Creations 4 Future Projects: Sketchup & Photoshop

I'm going into a vast new world so that I can do move with my art.  Photoshop is so new to me I have no idea how to start.  I know how to crop photos, however this is the extent of my knowledge.  I'll have to become a thorough researcher and mad scientist so I can experiment with this software & get familiar with how things work.


I havn't learned how to get a project from Sketchup to Photoshop and tried a few options which didn't work, so I decided to upload these projects from Sketchup to my blog and then download the images to my hard drive which should allow me to get them into photoshop.  I hope this works.  If not I'll keep trying to move the files into photoshop and hopefully find the correct answer in a tutorial or accidentally do this the right way.  Any help with where I can find some excellent tutorials for Photoshop and other Adobe products is appreciated very much, thank you.


The upload did not work because the server rejected the file.  So, this leads me to believe I have to get the projects out of Sketchup into another file.  I can get the files onto my desk top, just not into another folder or in another form somewhere.


I figured this out!!!!!
You have to use "export" & click 2d and the name the file, make sure it's going where you can find it and select "save".  That will move your project in a 2d configuration to where you can the put your chosen project into Photoshp or other editing program.


These are the Sketchup project pictures I am going to use in some of my products at CafePress.






I hope this helps you with your art projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment