Getting Acquainted

My photo
school, Maryland, United States
I roll with the punches, have a sense of adventure, enjoy learning & like sharing knowledge with people and help them when ever possible. Writing & reading are my passions. APBT service dog, Bella, is my helper and companion. http://www.Writing.Com/main/portfolio/ view/vpbanjo?rfrid=vpbanjo

Thursday, February 17, 2011

What's Next? Future Hopes & Dreams for Me & Helping People

Looking toward the future I am planning on researching cameras for photographs and moving images.  When I am able to get my camera I will start using it to document Bella's progress in her service dog training, tell about our adventures, show interesting people, places, and things, and shoot anyone (with a camera) and anything which would be helpful for my website semester project, blog, and any other places where I can share information which may help someone.


Another next for me is to explore what computer will help me with life tasks, school, and make it possible for me to access information more easily including e-books.  I've been looking at the prices and the prices are I hope going to be reduced more which will make this challenge more easier to turn into reality.


I hope to get a handcylcle in the near future.  This will add to my freedom, ability to get some exercise, and improve my health.  Bella will very much enjoy going with me when I cycle because she likes to run and in short sprints I'm sure she will be fine running alongside.  I do not want to have her run too fast or for too long becaUSE SHE COULD HURT HERSELF BY OVER DOING THIS TYPE AND INTENSITY OF EXERCISING.  Oops I hit the caps lock.  This is good however because I want to emphasize the safety issues when cycling with canines, so I'll leave the mistake alone :-)  I'm not yelling at you as much as I want to be sure the statement is noticed; thank you for your understanding.


What does this have to do with art, school, service animals especially Bells, and people with disABILITIES?  More than you could ever imagine, know or even understand until you have an up-close personal experience in my world.  Ready?  Here we go.  Everyone is welcome to join in on this journey.  I'm very happy and glad you decided to come along with me :-)


I have dreams!  I dream of:
being able to go bicycling with friends like everyone else who enjoys this activity does and I'll probably when I can go cycling every day. Weather permitting, at least for a short ride, so that Bells can get some exercise.


A computer for me is more than a tool.  It is survival.  Because of my disABILITIES I must have a working reliabe computer so I can do the basic activities everyone needs to do as well as other tasks.


The camera is vital for getting school assignments now and in the future accomplished, telling Bella's story and teaching people about service animals, and for continuing my work on the web as well as sharing general information which may be helpful to people.


My biggest challenge is getting the funds to be able to acquire my needs and a few wants.  True this is for me; however, I don't want to hog everything and not share this with you and other people whom this information may help.  Education and information is priceless and you never know who or how it will touch someone, help someone, or change something for someone and others for a better future.


Many people with disABILITIES especially people on fixed limited incomes have to be resourceful and creative so that they can manage to find ways to get the funding they need to acquire the very expensive technology which will help them do the many tasks necessary in their daily lives.  This technology does not replace the ability to do things the same way people who do not have disABILITIES do them, it is a help and may be expensive.  Much of the wonderful technology requires the act of perhaps down loading a free software program to thousands and sometimes 10s of thousands of dollars in order for the person to have use of what this freedom offers.  I have some ideas which may help get this technology into the hands of the people who need it and who usually are the ones who can  afford to purchase it the very least.  I will share this with you later.  It is getting late, I'm tired, and I should go to bed and return tomorrow.  Many blessings and safe travels to everyone; Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment